Show submenu for Explore
Show submenu for Current Families
Show submenu for About
Show submenu for Admissions
Show submenu for Academics
Show submenu for Student Life
Show submenu for Student Support
Show submenu for Give
Show submenu for Alumnae
Notre Dame High School is seeking the following positions for the 2021-22 school year:
Girls Head Varsity Swim Coach
This position will oversee all aspects of our swim program. The head coach is responsible for instructing players during practice and meets, developing ideas to optimize performance, and providing mentorship. A strong swim knowledge and good leadership skills are important for this role. Compensation will be based on years of experience and our compensation scale. Interested applicants should send a resume to Athletic Director, Maureen Sias, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Events Coordinator — Part-Time Exempt
Notre Dame High School is seeking to hire a creative, energetic, and visionary Special Events Coordinator. The Special Events Coordinator is responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating, and executing events. The Special Events Coordinator position is to serve to secure the resources which are necessary to realize its mission and vision.
• Oversees the planning, coordination, and execution of assigned events, including Fall Festival, Reunions, Mother-Daughter, Father-Daughter, Grandparents Day, Golf Tournament, and the annual Dinner Auction.
• Works with the President and Advancement team to develop an overall strategy for Notre Dame events from initial event concepts to event completion and follow up, which is further defined by helping to plan, manage, and execute strategic advancement events, including student-retention events, campaign events, alumnae events, stewardship events, and other events as assigned.
• For assigned events, provides assistance and oversight for all details related to special events, including but not limited to: contract negotiations, reserving event space and rentals, coordinating and creating timelines and run-of-shows, establishing logistical plans, securing volunteers and speakers, creating seating plans, registration management, room set up, coordination of catering, linens, florals, and other décor, audiovisual, program agenda and scripts, gifts and mementos, and expenses.
• Communicating plans internally with the rest of Advancement to provide cohesion and direction with ample time given per event.
• Supports the Admissions team with events for incoming students.
• Ensures smooth event management by maintaining effective relationships and communications with internal and external constituents.
• Manages internal and external event volunteers before and on the day of events.
• Create event committee members and volunteers to take on leadership volunteer roles, solicit sponsorships, recruit attendees, sell tables/registrations, and garner support for Notre Dame
• Maintains current relationships and cultivates new volunteer and business relationships for Notre Dame events as directed.
• Builds new relationships and continues to strengthen existing relationships with outside vendors. Vendor management includes but is not limited to: catering, venue, promotional items, audiovisual, tent, and furniture rental.
• Closely tracks event revenue and expenses to ensure event financial and participant goals are met.
• Oversees post-event coordination including but not limited to: debrief meetings, recognition sponsorship and other stewardship activities, financial reporting, and data transfer.
• Coordinates with the Advancement team the special events budget and monitors financial standing and performances of individual events.
• In coordination with the Finance Office, is responsible for individual event deposit requests, invoicing, and final bill reconciliation.
• Provides expertise to staff in the planning and execution of non-assigned events.
• Embraces ongoing professional development growth & collaborates
• Performs other duties as assigned by the President.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree required with preferred with 3-5 years of professional work experience in nonprofit management, development, events management, or similar professional work experience.
• Demonstrated enthusiasm for event management and a passion for Notre Dame’s mission.
• Proven ability to multitask with a very high level of attention to detail and output in a fast-paced environment.
• Proven ability to work effectively and professionally with all levels of internal and external clients.
• Ability to establish effective working relationships with co-workers and volunteers to accomplish objectives successfully.
• Ability to work in an environment that embraces a diverse community of students, employees, parents, and alumnae.
• Strong proficiency in a variety of computer software applications, including: Microsoft Office, donor databases (preferably Raiser’s Edge), email, social media platforms, and event management software.
• Proven ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Self-starter with the ability to create and follow through with an annual plan.
• High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
• Generally works in standard office conditions and climate.
• Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours. Peak event periods require additional hours including evenings and weekends.
• May work at a desk and computer for extended periods of time.
• May work in varied extreme outside weather conditions during special activities and fundraising events.
• Moderate work may involve occasional assistance of others in the manipulation of heavy objects and some standing or walking for extended periods of time.
• Needs to be able to lift upwards of 25-50lbs.
• Part-Time Exempt (32 hours per week)
• Eligible for benefits
• 12-month position
Qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Meghan Bohac, President at email@example.com.